ACCESS STATEMENT FOR THE ROB ROY GUEST HOUSE
A friendly welcome awaits you from your hosts Sarah and Jim Fulton, who offer you a warm and comfortable bed & breakfast accommodation.
The Rob Roy is a 7 bedroom detached Guest House ideally situated to explore East Kent.
We are only 4 minutes by car to town centre, the sea and the cliffs, 10 minutes to Channel Tunnel Terminal and 20 minutes to Dover ferries.
We are however located on a sloping road with steps into the house. Access dimensions follow later. The rooms are set on 3 levels; one double ensuite is on the ground floor. 4 more rooms are on the first floor and the last 2 are on the top floor.
In all honesty, we are not currently suited for a wheelchair bound person.
- There are two bus stops within 50 metres of our entrance travelling to and from the town centre. Buses travel every 15 to 20 minutes and take 7 minutes to reach the town centre.
- The Folkestone Central train station, bus station and town centre are all a distance of approximately 1.5 miles from us and take around 7 minutes travelling by car.
- There are several taxi companies, most of whom have accessible taxis. We are able to make bookings on your behalf if required.
- Our website www.robroyfolkestone.co.uk will be able to provide you with further information.
- You can contact us by telephone, writing a letter, e-mail or facsimile.
ARRIVAL & CAR PARKING FACILITIES
- We normally ask for an estimated time of arrival with guests free to arrive from midday onwards.
- Earlier arrivals can be accommodated by prior arrangement.
- We have a slightly sloping drive towards the road and down the hill with limited car parking off road which includes padlocking equipment for motorcycles.
- Parking is also permitted, where available, our side of the road and in front of our premises.
- We can assist guests with luggage if requested and store bulky items in our ground floor office.
MAIN ENTRANCE & RECEPTION
- The main step leading to the front door has a height of 24 cm. There are two further steps of 5 cm and 6 cm.
- We have a double outer door (kept unlocked) which can be opened to a width of 100 cm. The inner main locked door is 85 cm.
- All areas in the guest house are carpeted except the toilets and shower rooms on the upper floors which have waterproof, none slip flooring.
- The reception area has an internal bell/buzzer for guest assistance at any time.
PUBLIC AREAS – GENERAL (INTERNAL)
- We have a disabled toilet on the ground floor to the left of the reception area. The door opening is 79 cm in width, the distance from toilet to door is 85 cm and from sink to wall a width of 87 cm.
- To the right of the reception area is our guest lounge/breakfast room and access to our ground floor ensuite guest bedroom.
- There are 16 stairs to the first stair landing. This landing measures 104 cm x 72 cm wide, the 2 stairs to the floor landing. Stairs measure 16 cm high and 77 cm wide.
- The first floor corridor is 81 cm wide.
- The first floor has 4 guest rooms, two of which are ensuite, and two public shower/toilet bathrooms.
- There is also a veranda for smokers. Access to the veranda is 73 cm with a step out of 28 cm high.
- There are 4 spiral stairs, 6 straight up stairs and 4 more final spiral stairs to the second floor landing. The spiral stairs are to the right, going up, and measure 18 cm high and 83 cm wide.
- The second floor landing has a width of 86 cm.
- The second floor accommodates 2 standard twin bedded rooms.
- All bedrooms have wireless-linked smoke alarms.
- The fire alarm operates from numerous break glass fire points situated inside the main entrance, at the fire panel, by the rear escape door in Room 1, in the owners’ lounge and on the first floor landing outside Room 4.
- The alarm system operates by emitting a loud continuous siren from each detector.
- Emergency lighting is on all three floors plus escape notices.
- There are fire extinguishers on all levels with instruction on their usage.
- This is a no smoking building in accordance with UK law – smoking is only permitted outside on the 1st floor verandah, where ash trays are provided.
- Information and fire/emergency instruction are in all rooms and in the reception area.
- In an evacuation all persons should assemble opposite the building on the opposite side of the road.
PUBLIC AREAS – WC
- As seen above.
RESTAURANT / DINING ROOM, BAR & LOUNGES, TAKE AWAY & CAFE
- Various restaurants available 10 minutes walk down the hill.
- We have a small Guest lounge.
- Take aways and many deliveries are welcome which you may eat at a table in the lounge-breakfast room, we will supply plates etc.
- There is a laundrette in Folkestone.
- The nearest corner shop and cash point is 3 to 5 minutes walk away. A superstore is 5 minutes drive.
- Not Available
- Not Available
CONFERENCE & MEETING ROOMS, BANQUETING, CLUBS, ENTERTAINMENT
- The guest lounge/breakfast room can be used for meeting by prior arrangement, for up to around 15 persons. Catering can be supplied in-house if required
- Room 1 ground floor rear is a double ensuite. We allow pets in this room with pet access to the rear private secure garden.
- Room 2 is the office off reception area.
- Room 3 on first floor rear is a twin ensuite.
- Room 4 on first floor rear is the family standard room with a double bed and full size bunks.
- 2 shared toilets and showers rooms are also at the rear on the first floor.
- All floors are comfortably carpeted to walk on.
- Room 5 on first floor front is a standard double.
- Room 6 on first floor front is a double ensuite.
- Room 7 is a standard twin on the second (top) floor front.
- Room 8 is a standard twin on the second (top) floor rear.
BATHROOM, SHOWER-ROOM & WC [ENSUITE OR SHARED]
- Room 1 has a shower and toilet.
- Room 3 has a shower and toilet.
- Room 6 has a shower and toilet.
- Rooms 4, 5 7 & 8 share 2 toilets and showers on the first floor rear. Room 4 is being upgraded to ensuite this month.
- There is also a toilet downstairs off the reception area next to the office.
- We have a good display of brochures available in our reception area showing the many attraction you can visit whilst exploring around the area. We can also book you a day trip across or under the water to France if you wish – DO BRING YOUR PASSPORTS so you are not disappointed!
GROUNDS AND GARDENS
- Our rear garden is private but smokers may use the first floor veranda, also outside the main entrance.
- Mounted ash trays are available for your convenience and to keep the area tidy.
- Your hosts are:
Mrs Sarah Fulton & Mr Jim Fulton
- Address: The Rob Roy Guest House, 227 Dover Road, Folkestone, Kent, CT10 6NH. United Kingdom.
- Telephone: UK 01303 253341 Abroad +44 1303 253341
- Fax: UK 01303 770060 Abroad +44 1303 773949
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.robroyfolkestone.co.uk
- Grid reference: Longitude 1.18878 E Latitude 51.08879 N
- Hours of operation: 24
- Emergency number: Owner/partner Mobile 07957 412486
- Local carers: Local papers are always available here full of adverts.
- Local equipment hire companies: Local papers are always available here full of adverts.
- Local public transport numbers: Bus Station 01303 212229.
- National Train Enquiries 24hrs 0845 7484950.
- South Eastern Trains Ltd – Customer Services 0845 0002222.
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Folkestone taxis 01303 252000, Channel taxis 01303 252252
- Continual improvements of decor, fixtures & fittings.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01303 253341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Update: Wednesday 14 January, 2018